Multifunctional DR devices (also known as dynamic DR) have been widely used in clinical imaging diagnosis. Compared with ordinary DR devices, their multifunctional, high-definition images, timely spot film, real-time playback, continuous spot film and many other functions have been widely praised in clinical applications.
In order to understand multifunctional DR devices more deeply, the following is a review of the development history of multifunctional DR devices, taking the discovery of X-ray as the starting point.
(1)In 1895, German experimental physicist Roentgen discovered X-rays.
(2)In 1914, cadmium tungstate fluorescent screen was born and X-rays were used in medical clinics, which could better display human bones and internal lesions.
(3) After 1950, television technology and image intensifiers were introduced to make compartment operation, and television cameras and image intensifiers replaced fluorescent screens.
(4) After 1960, the bulb tube was positioned against the TV camera and image intensifier, and the gastrointestinal machine was combined with CR. Early analog gastrointestinal machines formed analog images through scintillation body screens, which were observed by the physician’s naked eye and could not undergo any digital processing.
(5) Around 1990, gastrointestinal machines used image intensifiers, digital CCDs to acquire and store spot film images, which were printed out after adjustment, typesetting and labeling.
(6) After entering the 21st century, flat panel detectors gradually replaced image intensifiers as the mainstream imaging system for digital gastrointestinal machines.
The first multifunctional DR device was launched by Shimadzu in Japan in 2009, but on the one hand, due to high manufacturing costs, and on the other hand, manufacturers pursued excessive profits due to the monopoly of technology, multifunctional DR devices have been relatively expensive, and only a few high-end hospitals could afford them.
In 2016, with a large number of domestic multifunctional DR devices listed, the price of the product was significantly pulled down, and multifunctional DR devices began to enter the grassroots hospitals in large quantities. At the same time, imported brands accelerated the layout of multifunctional DR equipment products; among domestic companies, there are also dozens of brands that also began to shift their focus to the multifunctional DR equipment market.
In October 2017, Kunming CMEF exhibition, “no dynamic, no DR” became the industry consensus, multifunctional DR equipment became unknown.
The whole industry began to develop in the dynamic direction, whether it is upstream suppliers, peers, or downstream channels, end customers and industry management, all have identified with multifunctional DR equipment as a product; many mainstream manufacturers have joined, making the technology and supply chain system of multifunctional DR equipment further improve, the maturity of technology can bring stable performance products to the market, while the maturity of the supply chain can optimize efficiency The maturity of technology can bring stable performance products to the market, while the maturity of the supply chain can optimize efficiency, reduce production costs, and thus provide the cost performance of multifunctional DR devices, which can become affordable devices for a wide range of primary care institutions.
On the other hand, with the involvement of more and more manufacturers, there is a new round of multifunctional DR equipment competition in the multifunctional DR equipment industry.
Multifunctional DR equipment imaging advantages:
(1) High definition spot film, reduce misdiagnosis
During the examination of multi-functional DR equipment, the lesion site is first visualized; when a suspected lesion is found, millisecond high-definition spot film is performed to accurately capture the lesion point, thus greatly reducing missed misdiagnosis.
(2) Large-format imaging, reducing missed diagnoses
Large-format imaging allows observation of the entire examination area in real time in one area, thus providing a clear and easy view and reducing leakage.
(3) Smaller radiation exposure and higher image resolution
The multifunctional DR device can reduce the X-ray dose received by the patient, requiring only a very low amount of X-rays to produce a high-definition image.
(4) Video preservation and playback, safe and efficient.
During the examination, the images can be saved in real time, and after the test is completed, the images can be played back in real time for lesions that cannot be identified, thus avoiding repeated operations and reducing missed diagnoses.
(5) Multiple functions, multi-use
Multifunctional DR equipment has digital photography, digital fluoroscopy and other functions to achieve a set of system multiple functions.
(6) Multi-position shooting to meet multiple needs
The future development trend of multifunctional DR equipment is more and more closely related to the “dynamic plate DRF”. As a domestic professional multifunctional DR equipment manufacturer, Pulide continues to make efforts in the field of dynamic flat panel DRF and has launched an innovative product of self-developed dynamic flat panel DRF-PLD9600A.
PLD9600A is equipped with high frame rate dynamic flat panel detector, configured with IAE high efficiency automatic enhancement system, presenting high quality images; at the same time, it has 17×17 inch large format imaging field of view and integrated bed structure, which can meet the needs of all kinds of special body position and negative angle shooting. At present, PLD9600A has been used in many high-grade medical institutions, and its clinical applications and image quality are deeply recognized by users.